Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

Seat closing down, also!

Started by KingyMAK, September 17, 2023, 09:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So following on the news a little while back of the Sharan & Alhambra being 'cancelled' as such, with the ID Buzz (as foul as it looks) taking its place as both a camper and multi-seated unit on the electric side of things, or the Caddy taking up the Touran/ICE side of things, VAG have announced Seat will be closing factory per se, to become just 'CUPRA' which will focus on electrified models only when Seat close up, too.
Anyone got much opinions on this?

Also, didn't get a Yeti, Audrey the Alhambra sailed her MOT well, but just looks tired! 😂

September 19, 2023, 08:30:11 AM #1 Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 08:35:21 AM by Mirez
VAG have been diverse for too long, the difference between the premium brand Audi and the budget SEAT brand isn't that much these days - think about the entire brand and an Audi A3 vs VW Golf vs SEAT Leon vs Skoda Fabia - other then looks they all have the same characteristics, engines, specs etc. Gone are the days of buying an Audi to be premium so it doesn't surprise me. Not that I could buy one now, but had I wanted another Golf, I would have bought the Leon this time and saved a few ks.

The green mob have a lot to do with it as well, battery this and electric that is the hype but the reality is electric car sales are slow so when you've put all your eggs into electric vehicles, you have to make cuts somewhere if the demand is 10x less the ICE cars.

03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

Totally remember the chassis' being passed down from Audi to VW to Seat to Skoda.
Absolutely mental that I had an '02 A4 Avant & my uncle had a 12 or 13 plate Exeo with the same chassis, some body bits, interior, etc.

It's good they're all 'up to date', but I still just feel like I'd miss the original style of CUPRA & the Leon, etc. I wasn't a fan of the Ateca or the suv style, but I'm not a huge SUV/keep fan (I know, I looked into getting a Yeti, but they're ugly nice, and nobody's going to steal that! 😂)

It's coming to the end of a lot of our cars 'expected' span now, which I remember a 10-15 year span being chucked about a few years back just as EV's were appearing.
I remember a friend adopting hybrid early on, too(he's got an Ampera thats still going strong I guess?), and he's happy with that.

I think manufacturers 'life' is only 8 years now, ridiculous when you think about it!
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)