Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

Looking into a Skoda Yeti…

Started by KingyMAK, July 31, 2023, 10:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Has anyone here had much experience with the Skoda Yeti's?
I like the look of them (to the dismay of my mates saying it's a grandad wagon 😂)

Just wondering if anyone's had one, experiences with them, etc.
Comparing a 2.0tdi & the 1.6tdi greenline both in FWD/4x4 & older/newer models.
Looking around 2012'ish

I tend to agree with your mates :haha:  :haha:

No experience if the yeti but I have experience with the 1.6 diesel and I would advise avoiding them and look for a 2.0.
Injectors are made from chocolate and can only be replaced with brand new units that are crazy expensive. Recon ones you see aren't really recon as Siemens/continental/vdo do not supply the piezo element separately. Recon ones available are just cleaned and tested.
2.0 engines from what I found out don't have injector issues like the 1.6

Can't resist the good old Skoda jokes!

1. Why do Skodas have heated rear windscreens?

To keep your hands warm while you're pushing it.

2. How do you double the price of a Skoda?

Fill up the tank with petrol

3. What do you call a Skoda driver who says he's had a speeding ticket?

A liar

4. What do you call a Skoda with a sun roof?

A skip

5. How do you overtake a Skoda?

Run

:laugh2:
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

Quote from: johnnyroper on August 02, 2023, 12:34:50 PMI tend to agree with your mates :haha:  :haha:

No experience if the yeti but I have experience with the 1.6 diesel and I would advise avoiding them and look for a 2.0.
Injectors are made from chocolate and can only be replaced with brand new units that are crazy expensive. Recon ones you see aren't really recon as Siemens/continental/vdo do not supply the piezo element separately. Recon ones available are just cleaned and tested.
2.0 engines from what I found out don't have injector issues like the 1.6

Ah, thanks for that.
I was gunning towards the 4x4 2.0 anyways, but good to know!

They do have a bit of a 'mobility car' look to them, but they tick the boxes overall for what I need.
5 seats
Plenty rear room (adults at 6' can sit behind me at 6'2", so that's a huge plus!)
Roof rails/tow bar as standard on a good amount of them.

I like the look of them more than the Kodiaq, the newer VAG range is hideo to me & the only modern one I could see myself with is a Caddy (but they ARE mobility wagons!)

Comparable, the Juke is hideous, Kodiaq is just as bad, Ateca isn't for me, etc.

Keeping in with the VAG market otherwise my VCDS goes to waste. 😂

The Yeti is just a Tiguan in a different dress :)

The 2.0 is definitely the one to go for, if you can find a 177ps engine from 2012/2013 then you'll get the uprated DSG box from the Transporter as that's the only one VAG had available at the time that could handle the torque (The DQ500).

They are incredibly capable vehicles, although they also have the Haldex4 system in which people never service so the likelihood is that it'll be a 4x2 vehicle even if its a 4motion! They don't throw any lights when the pump clogs and fails so they only way to tell is either a muddy field or a VCDS scan.

Solid cars though, the Llaurin Klement edition is the highest spec model they do if that's important to you.
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)