Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

Recall

Started by mikewilson, April 27, 2023, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I received a recall letter for my 2008 Mondeo!  Apparently, the specific make of driver's airbag fitted is likely to have degraded propellant that will burn too quickly in the case of triggering.  Free replacement on offer.  I'm very impressed.

Might be worth checking if anyone with a Ford (or any other brand) of that era has a Takata driver's airbag.

Impressive... It's great to hear that you received a recall letter for your 2008 Mondeo! The fact that the specific make of driver's airbag fitted is likely to have degraded propellant that will burn too quickly in the case of triggering is a clear indication of the remarkable attention to detail and safety standards that Ford holds itself to.

The fact that a free replacement is being offered is further evidence of the commitment that Ford has to ensuring the safety of its drivers and passengers. It's essential to have a reliable and effective airbag system in place, as it can potentially save lives in the event of an accident.

In addition, it's always a good idea to check if anyone with a Ford or any other brand of that era has a Takata driver's airbag. This will ensure that everyone is aware of the potential risk and can take the necessary steps to address the issue.

Overall, it's clear that Ford is taking the safety of its drivers very seriously and is committed to ensuring that its vehicles meet the highest safety standards.

Do u know how I can tell what brand of airbag I have in my 2005 Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT which has a bit of rust on the sill down by the front wheel arch?
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

Disconnect the battery, leave it for 20 minutes and then pull the airbag off the wheel.  I presume the information will be underneath the bag.