Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

Ford transit tourneo towing capacity

Started by Bigbubba85, March 07, 2023, 10:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Good morning I currently own a seat alhambra which has a towing capacity of 2000kg I have been toying with the idea of getting a ford transit tourneo can anybody shed any light on what the towing capacity is I was hoping it would be around the 2750 mark as needing something that can tow my car transporter trailer

Full size tourneo I take it? Not the little connect?
Transits vary massively depending on the wheelbase, year, variant, engine and drive train.

The older Mk7 generation can tow more then then the Mk8 and go up to 3000kg.
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

Quote from: Mirez on March 07, 2023, 09:25:04 PMFull size tourneo I take it? Not the little connect?
Transits vary massively depending on the wheelbase, year, variant, engine and drive train.

The older Mk7 generation can tow more then then the Mk8 and go up to 3000kg.

Yes it would be the transit tourneo I've looked online and there are so many variations it's a minefield but there was people saying the 9 seater can only tow 2 ton it would be mk6 or mk7

Number of seats is irrelevant, some 9 seaters are based on the T330 which is normally rated to 3t.

The Transit came with so many variations it literally is on a van by van basis. You can use Etis with a reg lookup to tell you I belive.
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)