Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

Galaxy Exhaust Fumes in Cabin - Galaxy 2010 Ghia 2.2 Diesel

Started by laur1, December 30, 2022, 07:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi All

Still driving around in my trusty Galaxy 2010 Ghia 2.2 Diesel

Have done around 150,000 miles now, but a few issues starting to happen.

The major one that is really becoming an issue is the serious smell of fumes when standing still.  The cabin becomes unbearable and i need to open the windows.

If car is moving then it does not seem an issue..... or the natural airflow when moving means it does not hang about.

When pressing the air flow to recirculate the cabin air, then the issue does not happen even when standing still.

This might be an obvious question but any ideas what pipes might be broken, perished etc, as this only really happened after an MOT at a local garage a few years ago, but has got seriously worse of late, and its passed its MOT with flying colours since then.

No one when looking under the car has said the exhaust or manifold is leaking, which i am assuming they would during an MOT test...?

Any advice / experience on this matter i would appreciate it.

Thanks

Split egr pipe if it has one of those flexi types? Only way to know is by having a good look round

Good idea, also is there any chance it could be oil leaking onto something like a heat shield and causing a burnt rubber sort of smell?
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

injector leak-offpipes; look around injectors for pools of un-used fuel  the replacement pipes are from ford only.

Impressive... is that a pricey sort of fix?

:GJ:
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.