Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

End of the road

Started by Chrispb, April 30, 2022, 10:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

April 30, 2022, 10:50:26 AM Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 11:09:23 AM by Chrispb
So unfortunately after many weeks of pondering what to do with our auto box I have decided to scrap the car even though it's had extensive welding done already have decided to call it a day, have already removed the visteon DVD player, media console, screens and wiring.
And will be removing the Eberspächer and upgrade kit shortly.

These car collection people will only give a set value for scrap and are not interested in giving any extra.

Will put parts on market place when I have done photo's

If you require anything or want to ask message me.
2016 Vauxhall Insignia Elite Nav in White 2.0CDTI Manual.
2023 VW Transporter T6.1 SE In Silver 2.9TDI 150PS. 7 Speed DSG Wheelchair accessible day vehicle.

With VCDS lite (full version) need a code clearing or want to scan for faults in the north kent area, PM me. All for a pint of Strongbow.

Oh no

Is the erberbauscher heater tricky to fit and is it any good for the winter

Also is it pricey

And also how much welding did u do

Modern cars are no good compared to Alhambs and galaxys
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

Just checking, will u still be a member of the big car club? Sorry if it personal question :-/
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

Quote from: SirDavidAlhambra on May 01, 2022, 08:54:27 AMJust checking, will u still be a member of the big car club? Sorry if it personal question :-/
Yes unless Mark wants me gone!! (Laughing Emoticon)

😀
2023 VW Transporter T6.1 SE In Silver 2.9TDI 150PS. 7 Speed DSG Wheelchair accessible day vehicle.

With VCDS lite (full version) need a code clearing or want to scan for faults in the north kent area, PM me. All for a pint of Strongbow.

Quote from: SirDavidAlhambra on April 30, 2022, 01:15:53 PMOh no

Is the erberbauscher heater tricky to fit and is it any good for the winter

Also is it pricey

And also how much welding did u do

Modern cars are no good compared to Alhambs and galaxys
Assuming your talking about the upgrade wiring kit to run the heater independently the answers yes and no, firstly the wiring kit was made for a Mercedes sprinter so most of the wires needed extending, secondly Eberspächer don't do the fitting/wiring instructions in English only German.

Cost was around £300+ about 18 years ago
we found it very useful you could go out and switch it on an hour before going out, engine and car would be quite warm when you drive off.

Welding was done 4 years ago cost us £650, new lower sections of front wings made, outriggers completely removed and refabricated, inner and outer sills and rear wheel arches TLC.