Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

New Forum - Again

Started by Mirez, February 21, 2022, 03:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So after yet further issues (this time with the software) I've decided to do a completely fresh install. We've moved from version 2.0.x to 2.1.x which is a major revision and as such, a lot of the add-on's we had are no longer compatible.

On the plus, it should be more stable and from early impressions, more user friendly.

I'll be playing on and off for the next couple of days so feel free to reply to this if you see anything that needs to be looked into - attachments not working I'm aware of! :)
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

It's looking good so far 👌

Redirect sent me to a dead end (thought I had been hijacked at first)and I was not recognised (neither name nor email) when I tried to log in.  Re - signed as almost the same name and all is well.

Looks like you've registered as a new user, your old account is still there.
2016 Vauxhall Insignia Elite Nav in White 2.0CDTI Manual.
2023 VW Transporter T6.1 SE In Silver 2.9TDI 150PS. 7 Speed DSG Wheelchair accessible day vehicle.

With VCDS lite (full version) need a code clearing or want to scan for faults in the north kent area, PM me. All for a pint of Strongbow.

Extremely impressive club, do you think people would participate in a Mercedes' viano group if one was created or would that be too much of a speciality interest perhaps.

This is such a lovely club, really nice friendly and knowledgeable people here
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

Do you have a Viano? We can add the board but unless it gets content/posts you won't just attract people into it.
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

Thank you... I've been spending a lot of time researching Vianos and have 1001 questions about them but there doesn't seem to be anywhere on the Internet where people talk about Vianos. As you say, the tricky thing is knowing how many people would participate. If it was to go ahead, I wonder if we could call it "Very big people carriers - Mercedes Viano, Ford Tourneo Custom etc" or something like that?

:-)
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

It might be an idea to have a look around and see if there is another forum for the Vianos, Some vehicles just seem to lack any forum activity, whilst others only seem to attract forums that are very hard to get any real info out of them (Renault being a good example of that, many questions but few answers that are any real help).

Still others already have many forums, Land Rover being a good example of this (and the quality of those varies greatly, some of there forums are little more than a shouting competition).

Theres little point in trying to add another board here to something thats already well catered for, as your going to struggle to pull users to here unless you can offer something they can't, if you have a vehicle on the other hand that has a following but lacks a decent forum then your in with a reasonable chance, since Mirez keeps this one working unlike some that feel like the admin has forgotton about them.

Cheers Brian!

SDA, We already have the VAN section and since the Viano is the MPV version of Merc's Vito van then it would sit within that group however as said, unless someone has one on here then there isn't going to be any content (other then your 1001 questions :D ) so it will just sit as an empty board.

@SirDavidAlhambra If you want to research the viano then Benz world has v-class sections

Quote from: Chrispb on February 25, 2022, 03:45:24 PMLooks like you've registered as a new user, your old account is still there.

Reply to PM below - your inbox is full.....

Hi Chris,

I couldn't log in to my old account.  Definitely correct password etc but it said there was no account registered in that name.  I mentioned it in the thread in the general forum.  If you want to move my posts to the new account to tidy things up or vice versa, that's fine by me.  You'll have to find some way to let me in to the old one, though.

m

I'd wonder if its down to the original username having a space in it, there doesn't seem to be any other active users that have one?