Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

Viano

Started by SirDavidAlhambra, January 01, 2022, 10:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi guys, when you need a bit more space than an Alhamb or Galaxy, what would you look at?

I will be keeping the Alhamb but need to look for something bigger too.

Are the vianos any good or is that a case of typical Mercedes rust bucket? Budget would be small.

Thank You.
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

On a small budget you'll probably by in the pre 2016 stuff which means they all rust :) Assuming you want a people carrier type van rather then a proper out-and-out van but they are all commercial vehicles so the rust proofing is minimal and the paint is thinner often without a lacquer so it doesn't take much to chip and then rust.

I'd go Ford Tourneo myself if only because Transit parts are abundant and cheap :)
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)