Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

vcds

Started by gregers, July 11, 2018, 10:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NOW im thinking this is related to my other problem with the ciggy socket?

well i have an airbag light up on the dash,great i bought a genuine lead etc.NOPE.

needed an update to the latest update,dont work not picking up the usb.

so gone back to the old version.

but for some strange reason its not talking to a lot of the controllers,either code 1100 comes up
or 1010,cant communicate with the airbag module at all.

as said im thinking it is linked,but if not anyone give me a heads up on vag plz.
vw t5 camper van.
reality is for people with no imagination
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17
The FordMPV.com Forum - The free forum for questions and answers relating to the Ford Galaxy, S-Max and C-Max

i keep trying to get my vcds to work,slowly losing the will to live now.and now really have to get this airbag light off as mot is comming up in the next month/2.

refuses to talk to the airbag controller.

what pointers can i look out for plz guys??
vw t5 camper van.
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17
The FordMPV.com Forum - The free forum for questions and answers relating to the Ford Galaxy, S-Max and C-Max

What cable have you got bud? Hex/Can? And what version you running.
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

If it doesn't work on the latest version I'd suspect its not really a genuine vcds cable - I've got one that came off ebay thats the same, it only works with the software sent with it. I'd suspect your issue is the controller isn't working, most likely a lack of power going to it. Given other ones don't work it might help to list which ones do and don't work, as most likely there is 1 fault causing the problem which may be able to be narrowed down from knowing what doesn't work.

The free version of vcds should be able to speak to the airbags and clear codes - at least it can on the Galaxy without issue, so would expect that to be across the range really.

thanks guys,no it is a genuine cable hex can usb jobbie and its registered with them.
i know it works as i bought the airbag light up before when i changed my stereo,but since i blew the ciggie lighter fuse(found and replaced)it has been able to talk to the air bag controller,
i do susspect maybe i may have distured other wires ???? hence why its not talking now,but i have also read that the controllers can fail?
vw t5 camper van.
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17

It may be because you replaced the stereo;
It never used to work on older Audi/VWââ,¬â,,¢s when they were changed either!

Quote from: KingyMAK on September 28, 2018, 09:13:57 PM
It may be because you replaced the stereo;
It never used to work on older Audi/VWââ,¬â,,¢s when they were changed either!

If i remember rightly disconnecting the stereo should allow it to work if thats the case, something to do with the k-line being on the wrong pin on the stereo plug vs the standard?

mmm i will give that a go,but when i fiited it,it did work as this was the stereo i fitted then turn the ignition on with the fascia off and passenger air bag switch not attatched hence why the light came on.reset using the vcds lead and no more problems until i blew the ciggie fuse and messed around with the wiring.
vw t5 camper van.
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17