Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

EA189 2.0 TDi Recall - my notes on MPG and remapping

Started by Mirez, April 22, 2018, 09:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just a little story really: When I got my Tiguan the emission recall had just kicked off and subsequently it was delivered having had the recall. Not knowing life before this I've always been disappointed on its MPG which has a book figure of 47mpg yet I've never got over 35mpg.

So on Friday I had it remapped from 177 to 225bhp, <insert smiley face here>. I had heard the recall may be the cause of the poor MPG and although this wasn't a reason for having it remapped, I thought I'd do a little test first. With a warmed up car and the trip reset I did a 6 mile round trip, all on cruise (bar one roundabout) at 54mpg and achieved 34.2MPG. After the remap the exact same journey and 48.2 MPG

So yes, in my experience 100% the VW recall effects MPG. Also interestingly is that the rough, tractor type noise at 2.5k revs has gone.
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

yeah heard this also on a few other vw dub forums m8,peeps were saying not to have it done,and were questioning vw about it all.i got rid of my tiggy for the camper just as the letter came through the door for the adjustment.
vw t5 camper van.
reality is for people with no imagination
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17
The FordMPV.com Forum - The free forum for questions and answers relating to the Ford Galaxy, S-Max and C-Max

Deffo wouldn't have it voluntarily, just driven from bath to stoke on trent averaging 51mpg at a cruise 72mph... last month I did the same journey and got 37.6 so it would appear it makes a massive difference!
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)