Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

Changing the radio in a volkswagen tiguan for factory satnav

Started by Mirez, December 28, 2017, 10:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi boys and girls. Can anyone tell me what is involved in swapping out the RCD510 for either an RNS310 or RNS510? Is there a substantial difference between these two nav units as well?

Very easy to swap it out, the centre console comes apart quite easily and then the head unit it just screwed in with 4 screws. Both the RNS310 and RNS510 will operate immediately but to get the best out of it you'll need to code the car with VCDS.

The RNS510 is the bigger brother to the RNS310, with faster loading time and bigger, higher quality screen. Both units have OPTIONAL DAB and DAB+ radios and the RNS310 can also have OPTIONAL bluetooth handsfree. The RNS510 does NOT have integrated bluetooth and you have to have the external, more capable, unit. Both support rear view cameras.

Things to check:

1) Do you want DAB? If so, is your RCD510 already DAB as if not you'll need an extra aerial
2) Do you want BT? If so then you'll need an RNS310 with it or an external BT module.
3) Do you want the nav instructions on the centre dashboard panel? If so you'll need VCDS.

The RNS310 is a very capable unit and represents better value for money whilst the RNS510 is the better performer and has the better looks. Not that I condone anything like this but the RNS310 has to have nav updates via SD cards at Ã,£80-Ã,£140 a pop where the RNS510 can be updated via other 'sources' for free...
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

Quote1) Do you want DAB? If so, is your RCD510 already DAB as if not you'll need an extra aerial
2) Do you want BT? If so then you'll need an RNS310 with it or an external BT module.
3) Do you want the nav instructions on the centre dashboard panel? If so you'll need VCDS.

Yes. Apparently FM is being phased out so I guess I should
Yes. I have it with my RCD510 so want to keep it.
Would be nice

Gonna buy the RNS310 I think as its quite a bit cheaper. Thanks for the help it was very informative.