Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

Wind deflectors - do they work?

Started by zooankski, November 20, 2017, 08:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does anyone on here have these fitted (regardless of being on a Tig or not) . Do they actually work?
I like to have the windows open a bit most days but once up to speed I have always had air buffeting in the car and it hurts my ears. Just wondering if this type of thing will stop that?

I always overcame that problem by having a back/rear window open with a front window.

In the Sharan, I open the rear-most same sided electric 6+7 seated panel window; it stops the ââ,¬Ëœpopping/dub-dubââ,¬â,,¢ noise.

No help on that including deflector noise, sorry!

That is exactly what I tend to do now too although the kids always moan about it, hence thinking the deflectors might the job?
Don't really want to spend out if they won't work though.

yeah i used to have them fitted to my tiggy,i found some chrome stick on 1's.not only did they stop the buffering,i thought they looked good aswell.
vw t5 camper van.
reality is for people with no imagination
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17
The FordMPV.com Forum - The free forum for questions and answers relating to the Ford Galaxy, S-Max and C-Max

Excellent, Thanks Gregers. I will get some ordered and give them a go!

Wind deflectors now fitted! They look pretty good and DO work!
I was supplied with some metal clips but these were not needed to hold them in position.
Simply wiped the window channel with IPA and pushed in to place.
I had to pull on them a bit to get the windows to go all the way up without auto going down.
Left them for 1 hour with closed windows and rubbers mould to the profile so windows now working normally.

helps to stop misting up on the inside when its been raining aswell.crack the window open a tad jobs a gooden.
vw t5 camper van.
reality is for people with no imagination
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17
The FordMPV.com Forum - The free forum for questions and answers relating to the Ford Galaxy, S-Max and C-Max

They look really good, where did you get them and were they expensive?
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

They are Heko tinted and cost about Ã,£30 from ebay so actually quite reasonable. It was peeing down on the way to work tonight so i tested them in the wet and as Greggers has said, no misting, no rain inside and a nice bit of fresh air in the car.

Just stick the air con on instead?
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.