Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

windscreen cover

Started by gregers, October 15, 2017, 07:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prezzie from my missus and boys for my birthday,well pleased with it.
vw t5 camper van.
reality is for people with no imagination
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17
The FordMPV.com Forum - The free forum for questions and answers relating to the Ford Galaxy, S-Max and C-Max

Hasn't the Ford patent for heated screens lapsed?  I know I've seen them on Vauxhalls.  The problem I've found with covers is that, if it rains and then freezes, they freeze to the screen and it's an even bigger job to deal with than if you just had to scrape.

Since having Fords, there hasn't been a problem.....

probably has by now m8??
the cover will be used for when we are camping,as the internal thermal 1's i was using in my opinion are a tad pants.
when i had my gal the heated windscreen was a godsend,on the smax mine broke a couple of years into ownership,and of course the camper van doesnt have it at all.
vw t5 camper van.
reality is for people with no imagination
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17
The FordMPV.com Forum - The free forum for questions and answers relating to the Ford Galaxy, S-Max and C-Max

So I got the wrong end of the temperature spectrum....  8 -)

I'd be interested to know if it works - I use a reflecting internal type on the occasional hot day when I can't avoid parking nose into the sun.  They seem to work somewhat but it would be excellent if I could find something better.

Second thoughts - newer (post about 2012) Fords advertise IR reflecting windscreens.  anyone have any experience of these?  Just had a bolt come nearly through (!!!) my screen, so I'll be getting a replacement once I find where Autoglass has hidden itself.  Wouldn't mind paying extra if it was going to be any good.

If it is like the ones Vauxhall,Peugeot etc have used for several years they do assist with keeping heat out of cabin however the can affect the operation of sat navs due to metallic particles used in the reflective layer.
Whether it is an option to have these screens retrofitted I don't know,on vehicles where they left factory like it but on vehicles where it was never a feature I wouldn't think they would be available?

AFAIK, the screen shape does not change from pre to post reflective and it's not something that requires any power or other input, it's a glass property.  It should just be a direct replacement and, thinking about it, why would the manufacturers make the non-reflective type once existing stocks have been used up?

We'll see.   I still haven't found Autoglass.  Looks like the company has absolutely given up on having its own premises.  You don't even have an address for contact on the website.