Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

more mods

Started by gregers, March 08, 2017, 09:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

well over the weekend i carried out some lighting mods on my t5,bought the fog lights and drls and surrounds from 'travelinlite' comes with all wiring looms etc and came with thorough instructions that EVEN i could fathom out and follow.
yea i know i now need to change the bulbs in the headlights,WHERE will it end?

vw t5 camper van.
reality is for people with no imagination
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17
The FordMPV.com Forum - The free forum for questions and answers relating to the Ford Galaxy, S-Max and C-Max

NICE! No problems with the bulb-out system?
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

no m8,they are all can bus approved,quite clever how its all wired up.really is idiot proof.
vw t5 camper van.
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17
The FordMPV.com Forum - The free forum for questions and answers relating to the Ford Galaxy, S-Max and C-Max

[GJ]
2016 Vauxhall Insignia Elite Nav in White 2.0CDTI Manual.
2023 VW Transporter T6.1 SE In Silver 2.9TDI 150PS. 7 Speed DSG Wheelchair accessible day vehicle.

With VCDS lite (full version) need a code clearing or want to scan for faults in the north kent area, PM me. All for a pint of Strongbow.

Lookin' good Greg, looks quite menacing! (or is it just me?)
Always learning..... Often by mistakes!

so is the van,lol
vw t5 camper van.
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17

ordered the led bulbs for the headlights and reversing lights from 'travelinlite'so will post up a piccy once fitted,should look a lot better then the orange lights.so will all be matching.have to wait for the indicator bulbs as there out of stock.
vw t5 camper van.
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17

Let us know what the LED bulbs are like for lighting the road up,when I looked in to LED replacements I was advised not to as the light output was poor,few years ago now so probably moved on a bit but would be interested to have the opinion of someone who has actually got them.

Is the cost of led comparable to decent quality halogen/xenon filled filament bulbs?

well the box of bits turned up today,the h4 headlight bulbs are just normal halogen bulbs,super white.
the led's are for day time running lights and side lights,
licence plate lights
interior lights
reversing lights.
once fitted i will post up pics and offer my opinion on them.
have done a lot of research on these and there is as you say a lot of mixed reactions,the feed back ive read is that peeps have bought bulbs from ebay,and regretted it,there either rubbish or blow within a short time or throw up fault codes etc.but of course there happy at the time because there cheap.
these 1's are guaranteed to be canbus ready.
vw t5 camper van.
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17

JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH,vw have excelled themselves,what an arse hole of a job to change the headlight bulbs,why oh why do they make something that SHOULD be so bloody simple to do SO bloody difficult ::).how on earth is it that some numpty of a designer decided yep we will make it easy for someone whos bulb has gone but then decide nah lets not >:(.
if you thought the galaxy space for headlight bulb replacement is tight its nothing i mean NOTHING compared to the transporter :'(.
no space at all,IVE spent over 1 hour trying to change the bulbs over and gave up in the end,so have trawled the internet for info,AND everyone has come to the same conclusion as i have.easy job it isnt.some peeps have taken the bumper off others have persevered and done it the easy way. ???
remove rubber bung at the back of light ,and using either a mirror or smart phone,you have to somehow push the retaining clip down and to 1 side and pull so it then pivots downwards.once changed do the reverse.
so me thinks this now a weekend job rather then an evening job.
managed to do the day time running lights within the head light and that took me about 20 mins to do both,still very tight using just the tips of your fingers :-X.
so that leaves me with the side lights to do and rear lights fingers crossed these will be easier?
oh the joys.
vw t5 camper van.
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17

The _official_ way to change any bulb in the headlight of the new Mondeo is to start by removing the bumper.  Having looked at one, there's no possibility to do it any other way that I can see.  Blow that for a game of draughts.

March 23, 2017, 09:36:07 PM #11 Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 09:50:44 PM by gregers
success managed to do it all,got hold of the spring clip and pushed as hard as i could downwards and hey presto it came loose.so in the end to change the headlight bulbs,side lights reversing lights and number plates lights took me around 1 1/2 hrs.
think theres a vast improvement on lighting up the road in front.the reversing lights are extremely bright and light up a bigger area behind the van.happy days.
vw t5 camper van.
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17