Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

VW T5 parking sensors and heated mirror

Started by gregers, November 18, 2016, 09:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

November 18, 2016, 09:58:46 PM Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 01:25:25 PM by Mirez
as the header vw t5,notice my passenger mirror isnt heating up,and parking sensors are a long continuous tone.
are these likely to be an easy fix i can do myself coz if so then i will ,am i to assume i will be familiar with everything because of the similarities of the shalaxy?,if not then i will ring up dealer and have a whinge.
ta muchly.
vw t5 camper van.
reality is for people with no imagination
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17
The FordMPV.com Forum - The free forum for questions and answers relating to the Ford Galaxy, S-Max and C-Max

Passenger mirror most likely element in glass knackered,switch them on and check for feed at wires if got 12v new glass needed.

Parking sensors similar to galaxy plug vcds in see what fault is logged probably a duff sensor.

If it's got the mirror control switch with position for heated mirrors (ie independent control) then they did have a problem with the elements burning out if the switch was left in that position on some models.

Alternately it could also be it's been knocked off in the past and a previous owner went for a cheap replacement without the element.

As for the parking sensors, yes one faulty will kick out entire system.
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

cheers guys,theres no ticking from any of the sensors.so me thinks theres a break in the wire somewhere.have been onto the supplying dealer and hes pointed me in the direction where the join is,as apprentley its had a new harness to the sensors at the back when it was converted.as for the mirror,ill take a looksie at the door gaitor before taking the door card off.
vw t5 camper van.
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17
The FordMPV.com Forum - The free forum for questions and answers relating to the Ford Galaxy, S-Max and C-Max

well happy days,sensors sorted. ;D
pm'd the guy i dealt with through facebook yesterday and he told me where the join was etc,he said as it was a complete new bumper with sensors and loom,it would be unusual if the lot had gone down so soon.so located the panel undone the connectors and hey presto everything is working.

now for the heated mirror. ;)
vw t5 camper van.
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17

Ahh sweet, happy days!
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)