Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

Overriding Alternator Pulley

Started by Big Skud, October 28, 2022, 11:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Could anyone advise on where to source one at a reasonable price as the one on my Galaxy Zetec TDCI is rattling on idle and how hard is it to replace?  TIA

When I replaced one I sourced from the fleabay, actually very easy to replace them. Torx bit in to shaft and there is a special tool to crack pulley off although I used grips as my pulley was seized. The tool is only cheap to buy though.
What engine have you got as I think I might still have a spare for a 1.9pd Bosch alternator.

:nothing:
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

I only realised mine was bad when I got belt slip squeal when turning the wheel on tick over
when parking and thought the aux belt was slipping
( well it was, but not because its was worn)

Here's the vid

https://vimeo.com/277821051