Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

Judder and misfire on 1.0 ford ecoboost

Started by Mirez, December 27, 2021, 09:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No idea on your other questions but the 2.0 ecoboost uses a simplex chain set up not a belt of any description.

Quote from: Grant2012 on March 18, 2022, 12:00:58 PMIt's been ironed out for later models hasn't it?

Are all ecoboost engines a bit troublesome or is it just the 1.0 thats crap? I've been looking at a 2.0 Ecoboost in the Ford edge which drove lovely and only has 30k on the clock. Do they have wet belts and would you get one? Is the Ecoboost the same as the ecogreen does anyone know?

Never heard of an ecogreen in relation to Ford, but I'd guess that might be a hybrid?

Truth be known, you just can't beat a good old fashioned ordinary turbo diesel.
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

You definitely can beat an old fashioned turbo diesel these days, don't get me wrong the PD's were good in their day but things have moved on now. Better economy,better emissions and heaps more power from the latest diesels and petrols for that matter

Are the new ones more reliable too

Also what do you think of the engines in the Mercedes vianos please

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

My old bmw 3 series with n57 was mapped and putting out over 300hp, aside from a rocker cover gasket and servicing it never missed a beat. Sold it at 160k miles and it still going strong 2 years later. I suppose some have issues where as some are absolutely fine. The key is proper maintenance with regular oil and filter changes. Incidentally that's the biggest contributing factor in bmw timing chains failing,condition based servicing to please leasing companies meaning oil stays in far too long causing premature wear.

No idea what engine merc use in them.

Thank you, what would you say is the correct interval for changing the oil please?

On mine I do annual or 10k mile changes,especially on the chain driven ones.