Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

2006 Touran 1.9

Started by Grant2012, February 21, 2022, 11:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey all, been offered a 2006 Touran for £200. It's a non runner but otherwise tidy and only 70k on the clock. Am I right in thinking its the 1.9 PD engine and if yes, I still have my 2004 Galaxy that got rear ended sat in the barn so would the engine be swappable?
Toot-Toot! Beep-Beep!

Some of the Touran TDI's were 2.0 litre units which whilst still being PD units I think had 16 valve heads and possibly Siemens injectors which I have read reports of being less reliable than the Bosch units used in the 1.9. IIRC I also think the power and torque figures differed between e.g. a 1.9 Galaxy/ Sharan/ Alhambra and the 1.9 Touran so the engine management (or at least mapping) is likely different as well, even if they're both 1.9's. Some Tourans of that age possibly have a DPF as well.
Always learning..... Often by mistakes!

Also 2.0 of that era had the chocolate oil pump/balance shaft drive,if it's 2.0 then that could explain the non running status of the car.