Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

SEAT no longer making the Alhambra! (and the Sharan for that matter)

Started by Alhambra King, January 27, 2022, 08:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey Folks, I'm really peed off tonight! I bought my alhambra new back in 2015 and its been an excellent car covering 200k miles with just an alternator and a couple of suspention links needed but its starting to show its age on the inside and recently came back to a hit-n-run where some kind soul hit the passenger wing so I thought it was time to order a new one, BUT here's the kicker, SEAT no longer make the Alhambra :(

It went off sale sometime last year and you can't get a VW Sharan either anymore instead VW are apparently "concentrating on the SUV market" with a Touareg 7 Seater coming sometime soon. Meanwhile it's either the Touran or a Tiguan allspace from them.

Well I for one am not happy, I don't need a 4x4 and I don't want to drag around all that weight when I've never had any traction issues so the Tiguan is out. The Touareg is going to be a £50K plus car so they can sod off with that as well which leaves the Touran with its pokey rear seats. SEAT do show something called a Tarraco (what kind of name is that!) but again that's over £40K with a half decent spec and again, a bloody 4x4. :)

I'm going to look at the Galaxy tomorrow so I may be back as the Galaxy King soon hehe.

I would make a move on a Galaxy fairly quickly if you like it as, from what I've heard, Ford are about to stop production of both the Galaxy and the S-Max this year  ???

I get the point about 4x4s and SUVs not being to everyone's taste. If you take the Volvo XC90 as an example of a long running 7 seater (configurable) AWD vehicle, it's been around so long that Ford/VW wouldn't have sold many Galaxy Sharan Alhambra's if everyone wanted one of those. The Touareg is a luxury SUV which is why the price is 'up there' but it must smart a bit if all you want is a 7 Seater and the Sharan was 20K less. This might be another classic VW F up when it comes to "knowing what our consumers want"... T-Roc springs to mind!
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

Every car on the road is an SUV these days plus there are more and more vans being driven for private use as well (not that I can talk) but it seems people want bigger and bigger.

They would be no good to me either, It can be hard finding a space to park for work with the Galaxy in some of the areas I goto, anything bigger would rule out some places like multistory car parks completely.

Some of the van use is driven by company car tax rules and such, some of it used to be the vehicle tax rates made a van or other commercial vehicles like pickups attractive as well

Just wait until they start making them battery powered too. Then the real fun will start.
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.