Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

Wanted - MK2 2.3 air con pipe - compressor to valves 1110632

Started by brianh, May 14, 2021, 11:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi everyone

Does anyone have the section of pipe for the air con on the 2.3 that connects to the compressor?

Ford part number 1110632

As attached picture!

Mines snapped in two due to a failed bolt on the gearbox mount!

There may be some on eBay, I will have a look, plus itââ,¬â,,¢s always worth copying and pasting an enquiry message to all the sellers on eBay who are breaking a similar motor car.

Also, congratulations on your 1,000th post!!

balloons cheers [GJ]
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

Thanks David

I've tried ebay, waiting on sellers to get back to me there. Not found the specific pipe listed, Might have a ask about to see if it can be repaired, but its broken on a bend so won't be simple. Same bolt snapping also seems to have finished off the nearside inner cv boot and done some damage to the undertray.

Not entirely convinced the bolt used there is the right bolt, Can't see any reason for it to be a splined bolt and it seems the replacement going by the parts list isn't a splined bolt either, so wonder if that was the cause of it snapping in the first place. Never had the bolt out on this one before now, so its been like that as long as I've had the car.

Was obvious as to the cause, as the top half of the bolt dropped out as the undertray came off the car.

Sorted, eventually found one off an ebay breaking listing. Now just need to swap it!

Nice one, well done Brian!

cheers [GJ] [drive]
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.