Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

Galaxy Tdi Ghia rare 150bhp 6 speed (York)

Started by ginettaman, April 11, 2021, 08:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've owned and maintained my Gal for over 13 years and she still drives as well as the day I bought her. I've made the mistake of upgrading to a mk3 Alhambra and it not as comfortable or economical so disappointed. I've list it on Facebook and eBay number 133722204108 and can guarantee it's a good car with loads of years left in it. Will be sad to see her sold.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Galaxy-TDi-Ghia-150-BHP-VW-Sharan-Seat-Alhambra/133722204108?hash=item1f2276e7cc:g:e~kAAOSwAY9gcY~p

Sell the Mk3, keep the mk2
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

Also, do u really get 50mpg at 70mph? I only get about 41mpg on mine at that speed. Did u remap it? Might consider doing that myself too given the big economy gains  8-)

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

Yes but those figures are from the trip computer but quite consistent. 45 mpg if driven harder. The 150bhp was better than the lower power versions strangely hence why I bought it. Mk 3 not returned more than 45mpg so far.

Quote from: SirDavidAlhambra on April 11, 2021, 10:32:16 AM
Also, do u really get 50mpg at 70mph? I only get about 41mpg on mine at that speed. Did u remap it? Might consider doing that myself too given the big economy gains  8-)

Remember you have a auto box on yours as well as the different engine.

Ah yes, very good point!

These Alhambs (and Galaxys) really are excellent arenââ,¬â,,¢t they, they achieve such superb fuel economy for such a large motor car!

8-)

I concur, sell the Mk3 :)

I can also say that with conviction because I've just sold my Tiguan and gone back to the Mk2 Galaxy - having been sat in the garage for nearly two years on a trickle charger it started up on the key, went strait through an MoT (one advisory which I'm still annoyed about, a side light bulb which was working when I set off!) and then did a 300 mile trip the next day averaging 44mpg. Felt every bit as stable and comfortable as the Tiguan did for a car with double the mileage and age.

03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

I genuinely believe the Mk2 Alhamb/Galaxy is the finest car (most practical, economical, fun, comfy, reliable etc) to have ever been made.