Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

2008 Transit oil leak from sump area

Started by TobyTransit, April 22, 2019, 08:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holla, my 2.2 130 transit van has started dropping oil on the drive :( not a lot, the odd drip here and there but looks to be coming from the sump where it joins the block. I cant see any gasket though so my question is, should there be one and if so is it easy to replace?/

I have a feeling it does not use a gasket but is sealed with an etc compound instead.

Cheers chap, took it off yesterday and you were right its a silicon like gasket. Bought a similar thing by holts in eurocarparts and stuck it all back together so hopefully will stay sealed now :)
Had a look at the pickup gauze whilst there and that was covered in crud so glad I did the job

Would have been good to have seen some photos of the clogged gauze
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.