Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

First VCDS scan of my Tourareg

Started by MrBone, May 28, 2018, 07:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We have two Galaxy Tdi's and a V6 Tdi Touareg in the family, so I've finally splashed out on a VCDS.
The Gals are doing just fine, but the Treg is being a proper diva with dash warnings and going into limp mode, so guess who got interrogated first.
Any help or advice to a diagnostic noob would be very welcome. I've attached the first scan of the Treg, am I right in thinking that a replacement dpf is on the horizon.

Had similar on my Alfa recently, check wiring condition at DPF sensor (usually on bulkhead with 2 rubber pipes and wiring connector? Also rubber pipes for splits. If all good replace sensor.
Donââ,¬â,,¢t know about VAG but the Alfa ECU needs telling with the software sensor has been replaced and then a forced regen.

Is your Touareg an import? There are a few anomalies is that scan tbh, not least that engine codes both have mileage stamps ahead of your current mileage!

Regardless, if you look at the two engine codes the 001138 has a frequency of one meaning its only been encountered once and since its now changed to intermittent status, that fault is no longer present. Likewise with the DPF code however thats been 'seen' six times so is far more likely to reoccur.

I would be looking at a sensor or wiring issue to start but now you've cleared them lets see how long they stay cleared for!!

03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

It is an import, the car came from Ireland in 2012 but has a full history and bookpack. Why the engine code reads ahead is a mistery, the dealer in Ireland knows the car and its previous owner.
Both pressure and dpf codes came back, its back in the vets now as Im away at work again, waiting for the call tomorrow that could be expensive.
Thanks for your help.

Was the scan done during a drive?  Low number is the mileage at the start of the scan, the other numbers (1 & 2 Km more) are generated later.  I'm thinking this because the pressure one indicates that the fault occurred at a certain speed.

No, the car didn't move during the scan.

On the "Exhaust pressure sensor" freeze frame it says you were doing 50.4kmh @ 1701rpm.

Thats the freeze frame info though so shows what the car was doing at the time the fault was generated not what it was doing when it was scanned.
It doesn't explain the discrepancy as the scan mileage should always be the same or higher then the fault mileage, its not technically possible for it to be this way around!
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

Maybes it been put into service mode on VCDS in the past?
Does it not still accumulate the mileage on the car, but the odometer shows the ââ,¬Ëœnormalââ,¬â,,¢ mileage without service enable?

So after replacing dpf pressure and heat sensors, it's looking good. I put 1000 miles on it this week without issue, including the M5/6 rolling car park yesterday. Previously it would have gone into limp mode in long delays.
Seems to be doing more to the gallon too.