Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

Garage clearout of parts

Started by Tricky69, May 22, 2018, 11:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have now parted ways with our Galaxy, even though we have stuck with them for quite a few years now!

No need for all the parts in our garage now, so all need to go. To include:

Child booster seat including the added head restraint/cushion
Cool box/heated box which slots into the seat clips in floor
MFD sat nav/radio including dash surround, switches and cup holders
TDi head from AUY engine - complete including 4 very good injectors and pump
Clocks/dials from Ghia TDi
Rear seat/luggage cover
Various other items such as glass, aux water pump, engine parts/bottom end, vacuum valves, headlights, headrest hangers, etc.

If any serious interest, will put more details, pictures, price etc. Or make an offer for the whole lot!

Based in Maidstone, Kent

Pictures as attached.

Seat with inbuilt child harness and booster seat. Choice of 2. Ã,£35 each
Ford cooler/heater box with feet attachments to slot into floor mounts. Ã,£35
Wheel with tyre (low tread and worn on inside) Ã,£20
MFD sat nav/radio with dash and switches. It does work, but has discolouration on part of screen and sometimes flickers. Ã,£50
TDi head with very good injectors and pump Ã,£50

Also various other items like electric window switches, luggage compartments covers, headlights, solenoid/vacuum switches, aux water pump, EGR valve, MAF sensors, etc. Engine can be broken up for parts as well.

Does the head have the rocker cover, too?

KingyMAK, yes, the head does have a rocker cover as well.

daddyfixit, yes, I do have a drivers mirror (and passenger side as well). I will check condition tomorrow and post pictures. I know one was better condition than the other. They were silver in colour, but more of a greyer silver.

rocker cover and head ....

[attachimg=1]

Is the cool box still available??

bump...ââ,¬Â¦Ã¢â,¬Â¦Ã¢â,¬Â¦....   drivers door mirror, manual adjuster type ???

wondering if the mirror ever got sold ???

Not the OP here, but I suspect I've got the one off my old mk1 still. I will look it out at the weekend, definitely manual adjuster type, has the rear cover on it, but only in grey primer.

Will look it out soon as I get chance - Might be the weekend before I do, as its not here with me now.

I think so - I will have a look and compare, take some photos and let you see. I suspect theres also a new mirror kicking about down there minus its original backing plate, plus a seperate backing plate. Will get chance to look on Saturday and let you know. If not its going on eBay anyway, so need to look either way.

I've looked, but looks like the later mk1 and the mk2 have different controls for the mirror (the mirror itself looks the same, but the joystick bit on the mk1 is straight, the mk2 has it going through 90 degrees) so don't think these are any good to you.

Quote from: daddyfixit on August 29, 2018, 07:37:43 PM
wondering if the mirror ever got sold ???

ooops, sorry daddyfixit, I haven't been on the forum for a while.

The mirror I have is an electric one, not manual, sorry.

Also the cool box was sold.

Apologies, should have logged on sooner.

have you still got the Cool box/heated box which slots into the seat clips in floor yf yes
what is the last price for cash on collection please

regards Cosmin

What is the spec of the cooling and heating box please? Can it keep ice lollies frozen all day.
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

If you care to look 2 posts above, it sold in sept 2018 so isn't available anymore unfortunately.

Sorry about that, it sounded like quite a useful gadget.

Also Iââ,¬â,,¢m looking for a powerfold passenger side wing mirror, mine makes a clunking noise and doesnââ,¬â,,¢t seem to fold back properly now sadly
I drive a Seat Alhambra 1.9Tdi which has 115bhp and an automatic gearbox.

I am happy to help you with all your questions. I am not a qualified mechanic but seem to be better at fixing my car than even the most experienced garages.

I have lots of friends here and very much enjoy talking with you all. Always remember, a motor car is a serious tool and should be treated with respect. Put your safety first, always.

You'd have more luck with a new topic for the mirror so people notice it.