Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

1.8 tdci 2008 Galaxy starter motor removal

Started by Craig Bray, April 11, 2018, 01:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi all, I've unbolted the three bolts on my starter motor but can't get the starter motor off, how do you remove the damn  thing?

vw t5 camper van.
reality is for people with no imagination
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17
The FordMPV.com Forum - The free forum for questions and answers relating to the Ford Galaxy, S-Max and C-Max

hi the link there doesn't seem to work now!. cheers!

HI Thanks for the reply. That is a new website to me and I  don't know all the answers to the questions, so maybe I am not using it right, but couldn't see any instructions there. My alternator is very close to the starter, I am told by a mechanic friend that they are like that to make room for the aircon and I'm wondering how easy it will be to take out? Will i have to remove that also. I saw this video but I cant see the alternator in that one so it may be more complicated than in this video. Mine is the 92 KW engine if that makes any difference!.

https://www.fordmpv.com/smf2/mk3-ford-galaxy-ford-s-max/1-8-tdci-2008-galaxy-starter-motor-removal/