Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

Touran 2004 chirping beep on lock / unlocking

Started by KaiMan64, December 28, 2017, 10:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi! Can anyone advise me on why the car makes a chirp sound when I lock it and a double chirp when unlocked?

Its definitely not an after market alarm and I dont hear any other Volkswagen tourans beeping so wondering what the deal is? I've heard a few Skoda's doing the exact same thing so I guess it can be turned on / off somehow but the owners manual doesn't say anything.

I get home at 4am so it would be better if it didn't do it!

Thanks and happy christmas!

The chirping is a programmable feature which should, in the UK, be turned off as technically its against the conformity for the alarm system. That said I have mine turned on as its very convenient to help find the car in multi-stories lol.

Someone in the past will have turned it on using VCDS or possibly even a dealer if the previous owner requested it. You can turn it back off with the same software or with most VAG cars, you can enable the menu for it within the instrument cluster which will allow you to turn it on/off manually via the cars menu. Have you checked to see if its in there already?
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)