Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

Retrofitting the rear view cam

Started by BillyBoyBob3rd, December 26, 2017, 09:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi everyone!

As per title has anyone done this? I have the RNS310 model and would like to add the camera as the parking sensors are quite slow to detect children (ask me how I found out!). Any advice on cable running and coding gratefully received!

Ahh you need @zooankski as he's in the middle of doing this very retrofit! In a nutshell though you need the camera, wiring loom and VCDS to recode the nav. If you want the guide lines then you also need the controller (IMO they aren't worth it) or one of the latest cameras.
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

Hi all

As Mirez mentioned, I am indeed midway through fitting a camera to my Tiguan, although mine is connected to the discovery media PQ unit.
Only real difference is that my wiring is pins that I need to insert in to the quad lock and the 510 would be a connector.
DON'T go for one of the new highline cameras with built in controller!!! these are fitted to the latest Tiguan. I installed it all without testing it first (silly mistake) and as soon as I connected it to my CAN BUS I lost all my OPS 360 parking sensors and my head unit would reboot every 10-200 seconds. I also could not connect to 5f using VCDS which is required for the high line.
It took 3 days of messing about to get my optical parking display back!
Needless to say I ripped the lot out and am expecting my replacement low line camera this Friday.
I have started a guide but that will obviously need amending and completing once I have re-done the job.
Installation is fairly simple though and now I have done it I think I could get the lot in and done within 3-4 hours. Remove boot lid trim trim and run the loom through the rubber grommet and down the right hand side of the car, following the sill.
I am hoping to get it the install and guide finished (when I get the new camera) , within the next 2 weeks so feel free to contact me in the mean time if you need more details.
Low line coding appears a lot less complicated!

Thanks

Marc

some dash cams come with a rear camera that doubles as a reversing cam,if you dont fancy ripping things to bits this may be a easier option for you.which is what i had orriginally done.until you read below.
ive just completed fitting a wireless reversing camera to my android stereo,what a P.I.A that turnes out to be,wouldve been quicker just using the long unbilicol wire,trim off identifying live wires that become live once reverse is selected etc,running wires inside gaitors etc.
so now i have 2 rear cameras,1 for reversing and the rear dash cam.
vw t5 camper van.
reality is for people with no imagination
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17
The FordMPV.com Forum - The free forum for questions and answers relating to the Ford Galaxy, S-Max and C-Max

You won't get the gridlines with that setup but otherwise it's everything you need. Do you have VCDS ?? It will need coding to work when installed.
03 Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 115 Ghia in Spruce Green Metallic
With cream leather interior, Full Bodykit, Remapped at 145bhp, Lowered on 18's
17 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 Diesel in Slate Blue
262Bhp AWD and Factory fresh...for now!
58 Ford Transit 2.2 TDI 115 in Frozen White
With retrofitted everything except another slidey door! :)
LAUNCH X431 Pad PRO - Scanning & Coding for all makes and models done in Wiltshire in exchange for winegums! :)

@zooankski - interested to know how you got on with the fitting of the lowline camera

Just about to fit a retractable towbar to my 66 reg Tiguan and thought I would add a rear highline camera whilst all stripped out, but after reading your post - not sure highline is the best option.  As far as I know the wiring for the towbar will need to run down the left hand side to the fuse box area and thought the wiring for the camera would follow the same line to the infotainment where I was going to connect to the quad lock which is on the left hand side by the fuse box.  Just wondering if there's any reason why you have chosen to run the wire on the right hand side.  Also, there seems to be 2 different codes for the lock/camera - 5NA827566D and 5NA827566E but after plenty of research still can't seem to find out what the difference is and both appear to be compatable.  Which one have you used?

Thanks
Darren

Hi Darren

The fit went very well indeed and more than happy with the low line camera.
Pretty funny watching the car park itself and looking at the camera at the same time, It is pretty much spot on within the green lines :)
I have just finished my guide and hopefully once it is checked it will be up on the forum.