Welcome to BigCarClub!

Not logged in!

Hey there, welcome to BigCarClub!
You don't need to be logged in to view the forum but the experience will be so much better if you are! Users can login or if you don't have an account already, you can create one for free by clicking the Register link in the top right corner of this page.

Advert:

mini elm 327 obd2

Started by gregers, February 15, 2017, 09:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

have just bought 1 of these for a very expensive payment of Ã,£2.78 with free p/p.
comes with a little disc with all the software for my laptop plus andriod/apple.

reason for buying it,my t5 does not have a temp gauge.bit of backward marketing here by vw as a work m8s t5 55 reg has 1.and something i really do think is essential in every day use of a vehicle.
anyways the reason for buying it is,once plugged in you can monitor REAL time performance of the engine etc.so i can now see exactly what the coolant temp is etc.
this is by far the cheapest way of getting this info,ive read a lot of owners go down the route of changing the clocks,getting the mileage reset and then the clocks reprogrammed for which i have seen banded about a few hundred pounds.

now info i require please,at the moment im leaving it plugged in.so when i enter my phone automatically finds the device,so all i have to do is open up the app and its there(as soon as i turn the engine on).

can i safely continue doing this?
there is a little red light on the unit,cant see it being a problem in draining the battery?but if you peeps know different then please enlighten me.
or could it cause problems with unscrupulous outsiders being able to nick my van??
vw t5 camper van.
reality is for people with no imagination
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17
The FordMPV.com Forum - The free forum for questions and answers relating to the Ford Galaxy, S-Max and C-Max

We have ome thats always plugged in and no ill effects 😘
No I do not have kids. I need a people carrier for all my shoes! :)

cheers for the reply,was worried that some git might be able to log in and nick it.
vw t5 camper van.
reality is for people with no imagination
rip dad 21/12/10
rip mum 3/5/16
rip bruv 11/5/17
The FordMPV.com Forum - The free forum for questions and answers relating to the Ford Galaxy, S-Max and C-Max